Minutes of HCSC Meeting: December 5, 2006
Present: Suzanne Gaynor, Presiding; Donna Cahill, Stephanie Brunetta, Graig Eichler, Colmin Gajadar, Shirley Georgia, Lynn Greenwood, Jamie Jones, Carla Kinser, Anne Moriarty, Eric Nichols, Sara Pickett; also attended: Patti Jacobsen
1. The meeting was called to order at 9:05 a.m.
2. After one correction, the minutes of the November 7, 2006 HCSC meeting were approved.
3. Chair Gaynor opened the meeting with an invitation for comments and review of the 2020 meeting. Individuals reported that the open forum meetings regarding 2020 were not well attended; indeed, at least one was cancelled due to non-attendance.
4. Recognition of this Staff non-attendance at 2020 meetings led to general discussion of the next agenda item – the general malaise/morale issue and President Miller’s concern about it. It was noted that, while we appreciated the special meeting being called, Staff concerns would more appropriately be shared at this, regularly scheduled, meeting. After discussion, Chair Gaynor stated that she will prepare a written summary of our thoughts and submit it directly to President Miller.
5. The next meeting of the Hartwick College Staff Council will be January 9, 2006 at 9:00 a.m.
7. This meeting was adjourned at 10:15 a.m.