Minutes of HCSC Meeting: January 9, 2007
Present: Suzanne Gaynor, Presiding, Stephanie Brunetta, Donna Cahill, Colmin Gajadar, Shirley Georgia, Lynn Greenwood, Jamie Jones, Dawn Marullo, Anne Moriarty, Eric Nichols, Sara Pickett, Matt Stever
Guests: Patti Jacobsen
1.The meeting was called to order at 9:05 a.m.
2. The minutes of the December 5, 2006 HCSC meeting were approved.
3. A meeting of the By-laws committee (consisting of Eric Nichols, Peter Blue and Matt Stever) has been held since the last Council meeting. Eric Nichols and Matt Stever led a discussion of the January 1 Draft of the Revised Bylaws, (attached) reviewing the changes to both arrangement and content of the document. This committee will prepare a new draft for further discussion at our next meeting, February 6. (A copy of which will be attached to those minutes.)
4. We noticed that the terms of all the appointed HCSC members expire at the same time. It was decided to see if three of them would volunteer to serve one extra year so we would have only three expire each year. If they agree, we will ask the divisions for their approval for those three. We will start by Chair Gaynor asking all six of them how they feel about it, and we will discuss it further at next meeting.
5. Treasurer Georgia mentioned that bills for reimbursements for the Stress Relief Fair have not been turned in. Several members remarked that they will prompt the appropriate departments to complete this.
6. Chair Gaynor reminded us of next Tuesday’s special meeting with President Miller to further discuss morale issues, ask for a show of hands of probable attendees, and led a short review of our list of topics of concern.
7. The next meeting of the Hartwick College Staff Council will be February 6, 2006 at 9:00 a.m.
8. This meeting was adjourned at 10:25 a.m.