Assistant Director of Admissions
Date: March 21, 2014
Title: Assistant Director of Admissions (1)
Anticipated Start- August 1, 2014
Description: Hartwick College seeks an Assistant Director of Admissions. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director will be involved in all aspects of the general admission process: managing a recruitment territory, travel, organizing special events, coordinating with student volunteers, interviewing prospective students, reviewing applications, and other duties as assigned.
The position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to relate to a broad range of constituents (students, parents, alumni, high school counselors, etc.), an appreciation for and sensitivity to a variety of backgrounds and traditions from which students may come, and the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
A more specific list of responsibilities includes, but is not be limited to:
- Traveling within a defined territory to visit high schools, attend college fairs and conferences.
- Reading and evaluating applications and participating in the selection of candidates for admission.
- Interviewing prospective candidates on and off-campus.
- Conducting information sessions.
- Answering admission inquiries from prospective students, parents, high school counselors, and others.
- Planning and implementing various on and off-campus programs and initiatives.
- Building and maintaining relationships with high schools and community-based organizations.
And may include, but not be limited to:
- Serving as liaison with other campus offices and/or departments.
- Working with alumni admission volunteers.
- Supporting of day-to-day admission processes.
A bachelor's degree is required. A valid driver's license is required at the time employment commences. Up to 2 years of selective admission or related experience is preferred. A willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed, is required.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,500 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority. Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to "be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning."
Hartwick College is committed to provide a safe and secure educational environment. As such, employment at Hartwick College is contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and members of underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one document (pdf or MS Word preferred) to Kimberley Lindsley, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be mailed to The Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329.