Date: July 8, 2014
Title: Communications Designer
Description: Hartwick College is seeking a Communications Designer. As a member of the Office of Marketing & Communications, the ideal candidate will be responsible for cross-platform design creation and support for print, electronic, and web communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design marketing and communications material, including newsletters, brochures, print ads, postcards, invitations, broadcast e-mail templates, campus electronic message board posts, and other publications as assigned.
- Create and update designs/elements for webpages within www.hartwick.edu according to marketing campaign/project plans and strategies.
- Be knowledgeable about the College brand and implement it appropriately to ensure it clearly and consistently delivers the Hartwick market message.
- Create and develop content for use in social media according to marketing campaign/project plans and strategies.
- Manage business card and nametag orders.
- Solicit bids as needed for projects.
- Work with Marketing & Communications staff and clients in advance to establish project deadlines, including needs, responsibilities, steps, and deliverables.
- Maintain library of photography and project design files.
- Complete minor photography assignments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applied experience with print/graphic design production.
- Applied experience with webpage design, including responsive design.
- Applied experience with In-Design, Adobe CS3, Photoshop, Illustrator, LightRoom, CSS, html, html5.
- Applied experience with web content management systems (Ingeniux, Word Press).
- Knowledge of and experience with social media in a professional/creative manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communications skill.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Strong process and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor's degree in design. A minimum of 2 years' experience in communications production required. Experience with print, electronic, and website design required. Experience using social media for professional purposes required. Photography and/or videography experience is a plus.
Founded in 1797, Hartwick College is a selective, private liberal arts and sciences college of 1,500 students, located in Oneonta, NY. Hartwick's expansive curriculum emphasizes a uniquely experiential approach to the liberal arts. Through personalized teaching, collaborative research, a unique January Term, a wide range of internships, and vast study-abroad opportunities, Hartwick ensures that students are prepared for the world ahead. A Three Year Bachelor's Degree Program and strong financial aid and scholarship offerings keep a Hartwick education affordable.
Hartwick College is committed to provide a safe and secure educational environment. As such, employment at Hartwick College is contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and members of underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one document (pdf or MS Word preferred) to Kimberley Lindsley, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com. Applications may also be mailed to The Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329.