Coordinator of Student Payroll
Date: October 31, 2014
Title: Coordinator of Student Payroll
Position: Full-time, 10-month position
Description: Under the supervision of the Director of Payrolls, the Student Payroll Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of clerical and accounting activities related to all student payroll functions. The Student Payroll Coordinator also provides timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll to all students and payment for student liabilities, including compliance with federal and state laws and college procedures and policies. Must maintain positive cooperative relationships with students, parents, all staff and faculty, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Vocational/Technical/Business school experience/classes required. Some college and 1 to 3 years of payroll experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer skills including proficiency with e-mail, Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Customer service oriented
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and general ledger
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in a courteous, professional manner, both verbally and in writing
- Experience performing accurate and timely work in an organized and efficient manner with minimal direction
- Must be accurate and proficient at data entry
- Knowledge of general office procedures required
- Ability to quickly and accurately resume work with multiple interruptions
- Knowledge of payroll and familiarity with tax forms
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,500 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority. Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to "be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning."
Hartwick College is committed to provide a safe and secure educational environment. As such, employment at Hartwick College is contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and members of underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references in one document (pdf or MS Word preferred) to Kimberley Lindsley, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be mailed to The Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.