Assistant to the President
Date: January 28, 2014
The Assistant to the President of Hartwick College provides mission critical, direct support to the President of the College and will work directly with the President. The position requires a highly organized individual with well-developed attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, a strong proficiency in time management, and is a self-starter who can exercise good judgment to resolve issues and complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Manage all aspects of the President's daily calendar and appointments:
- review and assess the urgency/priority of all requests for appointments, meetings and special invitations by judging the use of the President's time based upon strategic priorities and schedule appointments accordingly;
- independently take initiative to contact constituents inside and outside of the College to ensure the timely receipt of all required information and back-ground materials necessary for the President to execute her daily schedule;
- compile, draft, prepare, and proofread all information and back-ground materials required for the President's appointments, on or off campus;
- resolve all scheduling conflicts.
- Manage all travel arrangements for the President:
- coordinate all logistics for off-campus and out-of-state travel, make reservations for all flights, rental cars, trains, hotels and meeting venues; may include multiple destinations, flights, hotels occurring within the same timeframe;
- develop itineraries for all off-campus and out-of-state Presidential travel.
- Work collaboratively with College Advancement Office to schedule Presidential meetings and events with donors and alumni.
- After receiving contact list form College Advancement, independently contact donors and alumni on behalf of the President to arrange meetings and visits;
- Ensure visit prep notes, giving histories and other pertinent information are prepared for all appointments with donors and alumni;
- Draft, prepare, proofread and edit a variety of documents and written correspondence on behalf of the President.
- Draft presentations for the Conversations with the President, Annual Neighbor Meeting, and other meetings and events as requested.
- Work collaboratively with the President's office staff to ensure the smooth operation of the President's office.
- Serve on the President's Cabinet as a problem solver and strategic thinker; prepare Cabinet agenda at the direction of the President; prepare and distributes meeting minutes.
- Act as a liaison to the President's Office to both internal and external constituents
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess well-developed interpersonal skills and be customer service minded with the ability to address, with poise and diplomacy, sensitive and confidential issues that might arise on a daily basis. Must have the ability to prioritize work load and assigned tasks, have highly developed time management skills, and the ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and exercise good judgment. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain confidentiality in all matters, have strict attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 5 years of experience in providing executive-level administrative support.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Hartwick College is an independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1500 full-time undergraduates. Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority. Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College embraces its Liberal Arts in Practice curriculum and aspires to build upon its experience to become "the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning."
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and the names and contact information of three professional references in one document (pdf or MS Word preferred) to Kimberley Lindsley, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com. Applications may also be mailed to The Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329.
Hartwick College is committed to provide a safe and secure educational environment. As such, employment at Hartwick College is contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and members of underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.