Hartwick College will once again have some summer employment positions available for 2013. Please see our summer position postings in the list of links to the left.
Please select the appropriate form below. To download a form, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download a free copy.
Summer employment dollars should already be in your department budget. Should you have any questions, please speak with your supervisor or vice president.
- Please complete the Position Description Form, obtain your Vice President's authorization/signature and forward the completed form to the Office of Human Resources (Shineman Chapel House or firstname.lastname@example.org) for posting.
- Applicants should submit Employment Applications directly to the hiring department. Applications are available online, and in the offices of Human Resources or Financial Services (3rd Floor, Bresee Hall).
- Upon hiring, the supervisor should complete the attached Employment Information Form and return it to Human Resources, together with the successful candidate's Employment Application.
- Supervisors should direct the summer employee to the Financial Services Office where he/she can complete the appropriate paperwork. Time cards will then be issued and must be returned to Chris Utter in the Financial Services Office, 3rd Floor, Bresee Hall.
ROOM AND BOARD
If on-campus housing is necessary, please contact Barbara Tarka at extension 4501.
Single: $325 per month
Double: $275 per month
Triple (if available): $250 per month
Super single (if available): $375 per month
There are no meal plans offered for the summer. Individuals will be able to pay at the door as follows:
· Breakfast: $5.67
· Lunch: $7.83
· Dinner: $10.00
All meal prices include tax.
If a department chooses to subsidize the expense for housing please let Human Resources and Residential Life know. The subsidized expense will then be charged against the department summer employment budget.
- All positions are hourly positions. There are no contract positions.
- The minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. The range of wages is expected to be $7.25 - $8.00.
- Lifeguards will be paid based on their certification.
- A Hartwick student working in a job equivalent to or with more responsibility than their academic year job shall be paid at a rate no less than they are paid during the academic year.
- All summer employees must be at least 16 years of age and they must complete a Hartwick College Employment Application, Federal W-4, New York State Withholding Form, I-9, and a Housing Agreement form prior to beginning work. All summer employees who are 16 or 17 years of age must provide working papers. The College is legally obligated to have these forms completed.
- Please remind your employee to go to the Financial Services Office, 3rd Floor, Bresee Hall, prior to their first day of work.
- Summer employees of the College are covered by Workers Compensation and as such, by law, any injury sustained while on the job must be reported in writing to the Human Resources Department within twenty-four (24) hours of the accident.
- While children of employees of the College are encouraged to apply for a summer position, no employee will be allowed to be supervised by his or her immediate family member.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 431-4315 or email@example.com .
Hartwick College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, verteran or marital status.