Faculty & Staff Payroll

Required Paperwork

All new employees will be contacted by Human Resources who will explain the required employment and payroll paperwork that is needed.

The following will be included in the paperwork you will be asked to complete:

  • W-4 (Federal Tax Withholding Form)
  • IT-2104 (New York State Withholding Form)
  • I - 9 (Federal Employment Eligibility Form)
    Identification is required (for example: US Passport or two other forms of ID such as Driver's license or ID card issued by a state AND US Social Security card).

Web Advisor

This secure college site allows you to review information about your salary, benefits, leave plans, and position.  This site is available through the college's main web page. Click here to be linked to Web Advisor.

How and When You Will Be Paid

Payroll Schedule - Employees are paid on a bi-weekly schedule with payroll issued on Fridays. Payment will be made by check or direct deposit.

Direct Deposit - Hartwick College offers direct deposit to any financial institution. You simply need to complete a direct deposit authorization form and bring it to the Payroll Office. It takes one pay period to set up a direct deposit. After receiving your information, it is sent to the bank for a pre-note the following pay period. If all of the information is correct, your deposit would start with the next payroll. You will receive a direct deposit notice each pay date. Click here for a direct deposit form.

Payroll Checks - If you do not sign up for direct deposit you will be issued a payroll check each pay period.

Time Cards - Hourly employees must complete a time card which is due in the payroll office by noon on Monday of each pay week.