Providing Press Release Information
Susan Salton, Director of Marketing & Communications
- Contact name for the news story, including e-mail address and phone number.
- Topic, issue, person with credentials (if a student or alumnus, include class year).
- Brief description of story item, include relevant details such as book or article titles, performances, appearances, etc.
- Date, time, and location of event, as required.
- Admission fee, if appropriate.
- Associated academic department, division, office, club, organization, etc.
- Hometown, regional, national media outlets to submit release.
- Appropriate professional or scholarly associations.
- Other sources for comment.
- Desired dateline.
Press release information should be provided to the Office of Marketing & Communications well in advance of the desired dateline. This will ensure that the news story will be posted on the College Web site as well as be submitted to the appropriate media outlets. To meet press and media deadlines, complete event information must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event.