Profile of the Class of 2016
What are Hartwick students like? They tend to be curious, adventurous, independent, and thoughtful. But there's no one way to be a student at Hartwick. There are as many choices as there are students, and the College fosters that independent spirit through hands-on learning, international and other off-campus experiences, and lots of opportunities to work on collaborative projects with our top-notch faculty.
The Class of 2016 numbered 452 first-year students. Read on for more facts:
- Residents of 26 states and 15 countries
- 31% are in National Honor Society
- 67% participated in community service
- 59% participated in varsity athletics; 15% served as team captains
- Many are world travelers, having visited Brazil, China, Costa Rica, El Salvador, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Panama , South Africa, Spain, Slovakia, Sweden, Tunisia
- Many have taken part in foreign-exchange experiences, having studied in China, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Holland, Turkey
- 12 served as student-body or class presidents
- 10 made all-star, all-state, or all-region in musical groups; another 38 performed a lead role or directed a drama production
The Class of 2016 includes writers, editors, musicians, actors and painters, sailors, Eagle Scouts, Girl Scout Gold Award recipients, a champion unicyclist, a professional children's CD recording artist, a semi-pro football player, the sixth family member to attend Hartwick, and a singer who performed at the Vatican.