HCWHawks Secure Wireless Network
Hartwick College uses a secure wireless network called HCWHawks. Users must register for this network using the HCHawksGuest network, which is available only from academic and administrative buildings. Instructions for registering and connecting to HCWHawks are below:
Windows Machines: Instructions for Windows laptops
Macs: check your operating system version by clicking the Apple icon and selecting About this Mac. Your version number will be listed under OS X. Macs with versions older than 10.6 cannot connect to HCWHawks automatically and will have to come to the Technology Resource Center for service.
Instructions for Mac laptops, OS X 10.6 and OS X 10.7
Instructions for Mac laptops, OS X 10.8 – 10.10
Instructions for iPhone, iPod, iPad
Instructions for Android phone/tablet
Visitors to campus who cannot register with a Hartwick College email address and password may use the HCHawksGuest Network.
HCHawks Guest Wireless Network
The HCHawksGuest wireless network is an open (unencrypted) wireless network available for visitors to the campus who cannot register under a Hartwick email address and password for access to the secure HCWHawks network.
Visitors who create a guest account are given access to the network for three days. A visitor may re-register after their three days expires if they will be here longer than 3 days, but not long-term. If a faculty or staff member has a long term visitor coming to campus, they may request a long term visitor account by contacting the Technology Resource Center at 607-431-4357.
To access the guest network:
- Click the wireless icon on your laptop (for handheld devices, this is usually under “settings”).
- Select the HCHawksGuest network and click connect.
- You may receive a warning that this is an unsecure wireless network. Click to connect anyway.
- On a handheld device, a Meru networks registration page may open automatically. On a laptop, or if the window does not open automatically, open your web browser and the Meru networks page will load.
- Select the Create a Guest Account option.
- Enter the information requested and click Generate Account.
- The next windows will contain your guest account login information (email address and assigned password). Make a note of this.
- Click Login.
Guest network instructions
Questions About Hartwick’s Wireless Network
Contact the Technology Resource Center at 607-431-4357 or at email@example.com.