Phone Frequently Asked Questions
To contact Telecom: 607-431-4985 or email@example.com
- Faculty and staff: contact Telecom
- Students: Buy your own; see these instructions
Cell Phones: For Hartwick-issued cell phones, contact Telecom
- From your digital phone (up to seven phone numbers, on or off-campus)
- Conference bridge (for phone participation in a meeting with basically unlimited number of off-campus participants): Contact Telecom
International Dialing: Note: Start with 9-011
Long Distance PIN: See "Quick Tips" in Digital Phone Features
No dial tone:
- Verify that the cable is plugged securely into the black jack on the wall.
- Verify that the cable is plugged securely into the phone.
- Contact Telecom
Office move: Submit this form
Problems with digital phones:
- Can't hear in handset: Contact Telecom for a new handset and cord
- Change or add phone numbers: Contact Telecom
- Change programming of phone feature buttons: Contact Telecom
- Display problems:
- Adjust the dial on the far right side of the phone
- Reset phone: Dial #*112, hang up, let it ring twice; pick up and hang up
- Extension number: To hear the extension number of a phone, dial #*113
- Fast busy signal on long distance calls:
- Verify that you are dialing the correct PIN
- Note: Calls to some villages in the 607 area are long distance (e.g. Cooperstown and Walton). Start with 9-1-607.
- No ring:
- Adjust the ringer dial on the left side of the phone
- Dial #6 to turn off "Do not disturb"
- Port number: Dial #*119 and make a note of the numbers (Cabinet, Shelf, Slot, and Circuit); Report the numbers to Telecom
- Note: Deleted voice mail messages cannot be recovered.