Using Xbox and Playstation on the Hartwick Network
Students may use game consoles such as Xbox and Playstation on the Ethernet (wired) network once the device has been registered with IT. You must do the following:
- Locate and write down the MAC (Media Access Control) address for your device.
- Bring that information to the Technology Resource Center (Clark 150). Hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
- Register the information with us. You must be present to enter your network credentials and agree to abide by network policies. You do not need to bring the game device, just the MAC address.
- Please note: Game consoles may not be used on the wireless network.
To Find the MAC Address on Xbox 360:
- Plug the Xbox into your Ethernet jack using an Ethernet cable.
- Go to My Xbox in the Xbox Dashboard and select System Settings.
- Click Network Settings, Configure Network.
- Select Advanced Settings from the Additional Settings tab, then select Alternate Mac Address.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address. Write down or take a photo of this 12-digit sequence and bring it to the TRC.
To Find the MAC Address on Playstation 3:
- Plug the Playstation into your Ethernet jack using an Ethernet cable.
- Start up your Playstation 3 without a disc.
- Find the System Settings icon and select the X.
- Click System Information and press the X.
- Your MAC address will appear. Write down or take a photo of this 12-digit sequence and bring it to the TRC.
For further assistance, please contact the Technology Resource Center at 607-431-4357 or at email@example.com