Academic Grievance Procedure

If students have an academically-based problem with a particular instructor, they need to take the following step(s) toward resolution:

  1. Meet with the respective instructor to discuss the issues; if a resolution cannot be obtained;
  2. Meet with the faculty member’s department chair; if a resolution can still not be obtained or if the respective faculty member is a department chair;
  3. Make an appointment with the dean of academic affairs who is located in the Office of Academic Affairs.

Prepared in the Office of Academic Affairs
September 1, 2009