CAGE Membership and Charge
During the April 7th, 2008 Faculty Meeting the Faculty-at-large voted to establish the Committee on the Assessment of General Education (CAGE) as a standing committee of the faculty. Membership consists of three divisional representatives selected by the faculty-at-large and three representatives selected by the divisions, for a term of two-years.
Carlena Ficano (Social & Behavioral Sciences)
Jeanne-Marie Havener (Physical & Life Sciences)
Malissa Kano-White (Arts & Humanities)
Stanley Sessions (Physical & Life Sciences)
Robert G. Drake - ex-officio
Reid Golden - ex-officio
Michael G. Tannenbaum - ex-officio
The Committee on the Assessment of General Education is supported by the Office of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Assessment and charged with assessing general education through an ongoing program consistent with the College-Wide Assessment Plan and accountable to Faculty Council and the Chief Academic Officer. Its primary responsibilities are:
- To establish a cycle to assess the curricular learning outcomes;
- To design a curricular assessment plan, subject to approval by Faculty Council;
- To implement the approved plan according to the established cycle;
- To file an annual assessment report with Faculty Council and the Chief Academic Officer; and
- To assess the design and implementation of the plan and propose modifications as necessary.