It is the responsibility of all investigators to:
- Complete required Human Research Subjects Protection Training prior to submitting any research to the IRB for review
- Acknowledge and accept your responsibility to protect the rights and welfare of human research participants and comply with all applicable regulations
- Understand and follow Hartwick’s instructions for research review.
- Submit human subjects research proposals to the IRB for approval prior to conducting the research. If you have questions pertaining to the review decision, you have the option of requesting further IRB review.
- Provide a copy of the IRB approved consent form to each participant at the time of consent, unless the IRB approves a waiver of this requirement.
- Submit the original, signed consent forms to the IRB for storage as soon as possible, no later than project completion.
- Promptly send the IRB written notification of any changes you want to make to your approved project, and do not implement any of these changes until they are approved by the IRB.
- Notify IRB@hartwick.edu immediately if any unanticipated problems arise in your study (participant complaints, injuries, etc.) that involve risks to participants.
- Understand that implementation of research without IRB approval or continuation of research after IRB approval expires is a violation of Hartwick College policy.