Welcome to Hartwick! We look forward to meeting you and helping you map out a plan for post graduate success.
Please be sure to stop by the PSGE Center in Goliano Hall to meet with one of our advisors. Until then, here are the highlights of what you can do to get you started:
- Take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Strong Interest Inventory, or the Self-Directed Search to get to know yourself.
- Explore majors by talking to students and faculty and by attending the Majors and Minors Fair.
- Create your college resume.
- Create a Linkedin profile and join Hartwick's University Page to research alumni careers and develop a mentor network.
- Attend the Internship Fair to explore internship opportunities and network with employers.
- Join a student organization, engage in volunteer work, or take a work study job in order to build leadership skills and discern your interests.
- Participate in a job shadow program to get a feel for a "Day in the Life" of a professional in your field of interest.
- Consider participating in an international or off-campus program.
- Thinking about pre-med? Meet with the pre-med advisor to plan your path toward a career in health or medicine.
- Attend the KickStart Your Career Conference to gain insight on career tips and etiquette and hone your networking skills.