Job Search Support
Before beginning your search there are several things you will need to do. Completing these steps will maximize your efficiency and possibly the speed of your search. For more information about each step, follow the links on the left.
- Identify Yourself. Learning who you are, your preferences and interests can help you determine what types of jobs you maybe interested in pursing.
- Exploring Careers. Research two or three career fields that interest you. Conduct informational interviews and participate in one of Hartwick's Link programs.
- Job Search Links. The Internet is one way to see what jobs are available. It makes it simple to search and apply for jobs. WICKWorks also is a great tool to locate potential jobs.
- Develop Your Tools. Resumes, cover letters, and references are necessary tools for any job search. Check out Hartwick's online resume builder at WICKWorks.
- Network. Networking is so important in securing a job. Building and maintaining your network of contacts can provide opportunities for you in the future.
- Have a Strategy. Job seekers who have clear goals and conduct a targeted search tend to be the most successful.
- Follow-up. Do what you say you will do. Be prepared to devote time and energy to your job search.