Senior year, transitioning from student to professional ...
At long last -- you are a senior! It is more critical than ever that you use all the available resources to assist you in your post-graduate plans.
- Meet with a Career Advisor to design a job search strategy or finalize your graduate/professional school search timeline and plans.
- Attend PSGE Workshops targeted for seniors and Senior Night at the PSGE Center.
- Ask faculty and employers to provide references for you.
- Revise and update your resume and draft a cover letter. For graduate school, complete your personal statement.
- Mail your applications to graduate schools.
- Prepare for graduate school and job interviews with a mock interview in the PSGE Center.
- Research companies/organizations and the career opportunities they offer.
- Create a LinkedIn profile and join the Career Services and Hartwick Alumni Groups.
- Participate in Fall Internship and Job Fair and build your network of contacts.
- Network with Hartwick alumni through the MetroLink programs in Boston and New York City.
- Write a networking email and send to alumni in your field.
- Formulate an alternative "Plan B" in case you need to make last minute career adjustments.
- Apply to many postitions.