Your first year is under your belt. Don't stop now!
Here are suggestions for steps you can take during your second year at Hartwick:
- Update your resume to reflect all that you did last year and over the summer.
- Explore and choose a major or pick up a minor by talking to faculty and students and attending the Majors and Minors Fair.
- Meet with an advisor in the PSGE Center to talk more about defining your goals and taking advantage of experiential learning opportunities like job shadowing, externships, internships, and off campus programs.
- Apply for an Emerson or Duffy Scholarship to fund an internship or research project during your junior year.
- Attend or spring KickStart Your career conference to gain access to insider tips and network with professionals.
- Update your Linkedin profile and join an interest group.
- Attend the Internship Fair.
- Participate in one of our EXploratory Link Experience programs.
- Research additional internship and research opportunities and apply for a summer opportunity.
- If you are pre-med or pre-law, participate in the one of the health-related Link Experience programs.
- Join a club and consider leadership role to hone professional skills.
- Get an on or off campus job.
- Volunteer in the community. Gain skills while supporting your neighbors.