New Student Academic Course Planning
Completing your first College course schedule is an important milestone in your academic journey! You will start the process during your June New Student Orientation program and will complete your schedule later in the summer. Follow the outline below to guide your way.
At Orientation you will complete a form to indicate your major (or Exploratory status if undecided) and select your First-Year Seminar preferences.
In July a partial schedule will be created and shared with you. You will then complete the course registration process online. You will want to reivew the following resources as you prepare for online registration:
- List of Suggested Courses for First Year Students
- College Catalog where you'll learn more about:
- Requirements for any academic major you are considering
- Requirements for the Liberal Arts in Practice General Education Curriculum
- Course descriptions and pre-requisites information
- Graduation Requirement Worksheets (for any major/s you are considering)
- If you are unsure about your choice of major, visit the Exploratory Students webpage
We are excited to begin the process of working with you as we prepare for your first semester at Hartwick. If you have questions regarding the course registration process, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 607-431-4460.