New Student Academic Course Planning
Completing your first College course schedule is an important milestone in your academic journey! You will start the process during by completing the Academic Course Planner and attending the New Student Orientation program. Follow the outline below to guide your way.
Register to attend New Student Orientation.
Complete the Academic Course Planner by June 1.
During Orientation, the information you submit on the Academic Course Planner will be reviewed with you and changes made as needed. Following Orientation, a course schedule will be created for you, based on noted preferences, and will be released to you via WebAdvisor on August 3.
To learn more about majors, courses, and academic planning, review the following resources:
- List of First Year Seminars.
- College Catalog where you'll learn more about:
- Requirements for any academic major you are considering
- Requirements for the Liberal Arts in Practice General Education Curriculum
- Graduation Requirement Worksheets (for any major/s you are considering)
- WebAdvisor Search for Sections to view course descriptions and pre-requisites
- If you are unsure about your choice of major, visit the Exploratory Students webpage
We are excited to begin the process of working with you as we prepare for your first semester at Hartwick. If you have questions regarding the course registration process, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 607-431-4460.