Advanced Placement Credit
Hartwick College Student Collection
Advanced placement credit in art or art history is awarded to any student who meets the following qualifications. In order to receive advanced placement credit, a student must have the waiver approved by a professor who is teaching the appropriate area during the first week of the student's first semester at the college. For majors:
- Art majors with an Advanced Placement 3 or above in a studio course, accompanied by portfolio review, can substitute the AP course for the appropriate studio course.
- Art history majors who have the same qualification as above can substitute the AP course for four of the eight required studio credits.
- Art majors with an AP 3 or above in art history can reduce their art history requirement by one course by substituting it for a 200 level elective course in art history. All students must take ARTH 102: World Art History I; ARTH 103: World Art History II; and ARTH 104: World Art History III.
- Art history majors with an AP 3 or above in an AP art history course can substitute it for a 200 level elective in art history. All students must take ARTH 102: World Art History I; ARTH 103: World Art History II; and ARTH 104: World Art History III.
- Non-majors with an AP 3 or above in studio or art history can receive credit for an elective course needed to graduate, thus reducing the number of courses required to graduate.