Program Format for Art Teacher Education Program
- EDUC 220 Philosophy and Sociology of Education (4 credits, SBA)
- EDUC 304 Educational Psychology (4 credits, SBA)
- EDUC 320 Interdisciplinary Curriculum and Instruction: Theory & Practice (4 credits, MWL)
Students who complete the first three courses of the Foundational Sequence must apply for admission into the Teacher Education Program. All students must earn a C+ or above in all courses within the Foundational Sequence, and have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA in thew Foundational Sequence, overall GPA, and major content area.
- EDUC 340 Reading, Writing, and Literacy for Children (3 credits)
- EDUC 350 Teaching Methods for Art (3 credits) OR EDUC 390 Multicultural/Urban Educational Experience Mini-practicum (3 credits)
- EDUC 371 Teaching Students with Special Needs (2 credits)
- EDUC 372 Educational Lyceum Series (2 credits)
- EDUC 382 Educational Technology (2 credits)
Students who complete the Professional Sequence must apply for student teaching by submitting a Junior Review Portfolio in the first week of the Spring Semester prior to the year they plan to student teach. All students must earn a C+ or above in all Education courses, and have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA in all Education courses, overall GPA, and major content area.
Student Teaching Sequence
- EDUC 480 Creating a Positive Learning Environment (2 credits)
- EDUC 491/492 Middle Childhood and Adolescent Student Teaching (12 credits)
These courses are required for New York State certification. Education electives do not count towards any of the required courses.
For more information on requirements, please visit the Department of Education Web page.
For more information pertaining to other Art Education resources, click here.