Computer Science Minor
The computer science minor is an excellent choice for a student majoring in mathematics or any of the sciences. Students who minor in computer science gain a strong background in the computer field, which will significantly enhance their skills and marketability as a professional in the field of their major.
The requirements for the computer science minor are as follows.
Two core courses
- Cracking the Code (CISC 120) or Game Programming (CISC 118)
- Database Management (CISC 315)
Three of the following courses
- Computer Organization and Assembly Language (CISC 240)
- Programming Languages (CISC 320)
- Computer Networks (CISC 330)
- Data Structures (CISC 325)
- Operating Systems (CISC 430)
One additional 3 or 4 credit CISC course at or above the 200 level