Howard Lichtman, Associate Professor of Computer and Information Sciences
- BS Business Economics, SUNY Oneonta
- MS Information Systems, Nova Southeastern University
- PhD Candidate in Information Science, Nova Southeastern University
- A+ (Hardware and Operating Systems)
- Network+ (Computer Networks)
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
Prof. Lichtman teaches both computer and information science courses at Hartwick. His specialties in the department include computer security, networking, computer hardware, and Microsoft Windows based operating systems.
He is known around the department as the professor that brings the certification options to his classes. Several of the classes that he teaches include an option for students to attain an industry standard certification. These certifications can provide an edge in the workplace by giving the student an additional way of demonstrating a body of knowledge to a potential employer.
His main research area lately has been in the area of computer security. Security is just one of those issues that you cannot get away from today, and Prof. Lichtman is always bringing the latest and most relevant information to his classes. His interests in the field currently include wireless and mobile security, managing risk in secure systems, and ethical hacking technologies.