The Accelerated Baccalaureate in Nursing Program is an 18 month program of study designed for students who have completed all prerequisite and general education requirements necessary for a bachelor of science degree with a major in nursing.
Students with baccalaureate degrees in other disciplines, or those with significant college credits, are encouraged to apply. The total number of credits required for the bachelor of science degree with a major in nursing is 124 credits. The academic requirements of the Accelerated Baccalaureate in Nursing Program include a 62 credit curriculum. Transfer work may be determined to be equivalent upon review.
- Completion of all general education requirements
- Completion of nursing prerequisites
- GPA of 3.0 or better in all coursework
- Minimum of two positive character references
- Current CPR with American Heart Association--Healthcare Provider or American Red Cross--CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Health Requirements
Potential for success in the program is assessed based on prior academic achievement, personal statement, resume, references, ability to devote significant time and energy to study over an 18 month time frame, and evidence of prior work or volunteer experience that enhances knowledge of current nursing practice (preferred but not essential). Learn more transfer student information and apply online. Use links on the left for further information.