Agreement with Sage Graduate School Physical Therapy Program
Articulation Agreement between Hartwick College and The Sage Colleges School of Health Sciences Doctor of Physical Therapy Program:
Hartwick College and The Sage Colleges School of Health Sciences have developed a collaborative agreement to provide qualifies students from Hartwick College who wish to pursue a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) from the Sage Graduate Schools (SGS) preferred admission as indicated below. The collaborative agreement provides for:
- Preferred acceptance (on a space available basis) into the Sage Graduate Schools for students who have completed physical therapy program course prerequisites, after initial advisement and interview, and with completed application;
- Waiver of the Sage Graduate Schools application fee;
- Early acceptance;
- Access to Sage advisors to coordinate undergraduate electives and coursework that satisfy the prerequisites in the graduate program;
- Opportunity to apply early for Graduate Assistantships in the Sage Graduate Schools.
Terms of the Agreement:
Hartwick College students will be given preferred admission to Sage Graduate School of Health Sciences for the DPT degree, who demonstrate the following:
- earned baccalaureate degree (or in progress)
- minimum overall 3.25 GPA;
- minimum science GPA of 3.25 (Anatomy & Physiology I and II; Physics I & II with labs or approved equivalents; Physics I & II with labs; Chemistry I & II with labs, and Cell Biology with labs);
- completion of Physical Therapy Program prerequisite courses with grades of C or better.
Requirements for Placement in the Sage Graduate School PT Program:
To qualify for preferred admission to the DPT Program students agree to the following:
By August 15*of the year preceding graduation from Hartwick College:
- Submit a completed PTCSA Applications (www.ptcas.org) following the Early Decision Procedures, including:
- Official Transcripts
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, one of which must be academic
- Clinical Observation Hours Documentation (minimum of 40 hours, preferable in at least 2 settings)
- Submit the supplemental document from (DPT Academic and Technical Programs Standards Statement) to the PT Department. Forms can be found at http://www.sage.edu/academics/health_sciences/programs/dpt/admission/
- Mail To: Carrie Knepp, PT Department
The Sage Colleges
65 First Street
Troy, NY 12180
- Mail To: Carrie Knepp, PT Department
- Email the PT Department, email@example.com indicating that their application has been submitted to PTCAS via Articulation Agreement with indicated school.
Within 30 Days of acceptance:
- Submit offical transcripts from all college institutions attended to the PT Department at the address above.
- Make enrollment deposit of $200 (non-refundable, though to be applied toward graduate tuition).
Upon graduation from Hartwick College:
- Submit final transcripts documenting completion of undergraduate degree and PT Program prerequisite courses to the PT Department at the above address.
*This date is determined by PTCAS and is subject to change each year. Please visit www.ptcas.org for the most current dates.
While interviews are no longer required, the Sage Graduate School encourages students to visit the campus and meet with a representative of the program prior to submitting their application to PTCAS. Please contact Karrie Knepp at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a visit or ask questions about the program.
Hartwick Courses that Meet the Sage Graduate School PT Program Prerequisites:
- BIOL 206 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 207 Anatomy & Physiology II
- BIOL 312 Molecular Biology of the Cell
- PHYS 140 or PHYS 201 General Physics I
- PHYS 141 or PHYS 202 General Physics II
- CHEM 107 General Chemistry I
- CHEM 108 General Chemistry II
- MATH 108 Statistics
- PSYC 110 Psychological Science I
- PSYC 301 Developmental Psychology
For more information about the program contact Joe Ficano, Hartwick's Coordinator of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising, email@example.com.