Stephen A. Kolenda, CPAResearch Interests:
- Information systems integration in post-merger situations.
- Economic regional development issues in China, Burma, Laos, and Thailand.
- Management leadership theory explored through East Asian literature and philosophy (Confucius, Lao Tzu, and Sun Tzu).
Recent Professional Activities:
- "Doing Business in China", January 2011 Term Abroad
- "Developing China's Business into Southeast Asia", 2010 Northeast Business and Economics Annual Meeting, NJ
- Continuing Professional Education
- American Accounting Association (AAA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
Courses recently taught:
Financial Accounting: Principles, Intermediate, Advanced
Doing Business with & in Asia
Education: MBA University of Connecticut; BS Villanova University; BS Hartwick College
New York and Connecticut: 3 Public Accounting firms & member of top management of an AMEX-listed company
Leadership: Hurricane Island Outward Bound School (Maine & Florida), Securities & Exchange Commission Fellow (Washington, DC), and employment World Trade Center of New Orleans.
International: Teaching and January course sponsorship at various Universities in Thailand and China.
Contact: Department of Business Administration & Accounting, Golisano Hall, Hartwick College, Oneonta, New York 13820/ 607-431-4951 firstname.lastname@example.org.