For the best summer internships you have to APPLY EARLY! Top internship opportunities often have deadlines late in the Fall Semester or very early in the Spring semester. January-term and semester internships operate somewhat differently. Contact Melissa Marietta for more information on those opportunities.
- Fall Semester
- Meet with your advisor and Melissa Marietta (x4047) in the Career Services to discuss a plan.
- Research Internship options
- Prepare a resume and cover letter
- Seek feedback from your advisor, other professors in your major, or professionals employed in your field of interest and make revisions as necessary. Apply to selected internships.
- Spring Semester
- Follow-up on submitted applications. Sometimes, a polite call or e-mail is necessary to keep your application from falling though the cracks. Also, it signals interest on your part!
- Continue to target new internships and write application letters to internships of interest
- If you've found and obtained an internship, professionally decline all other internship options for which you were under consideration.
- DON’T BURN ANY BRIDGES!!!