e-Reg InstructionsGetting Started
Prior to each pre-registration period the Office of the Registrar notifies students of their scheduled pre-registration time. These notifications generally prompt meetings with faculty advisors to create a course schedule for an upcoming term. e-Reg allows the faculty advisor to clear a student to pre-register electronically for available course sections after this meeting occurs.
What steps are involved?
When you are ready to clear a student to pre-register:
- Log in to WebAdvisor and click on the Advisors link.
- Click the 'Advisee Pre-Registration Approval' link:
- On the next screen select a term and click submit:
- On the next screen you will view a list of your advisees and important information about account holds, pre-registration dates and times, etc. Note that until a student has Pre-Registration Approval, the RGADV hold will appear on the students account. Once a student receives Pre-Registration Approval, the hold is removed and the student may register.
- After you have met with a student*, you may clear the student to register by checking the box in the ‘Approval for Registration' column and clicking submit:
- After clicking submit to approve a student, you will be taken to a confirmation screen. Please note that an Approval Date now appears with a ‘Y' in the ‘Approval for Registration' column indicating the student has been successfully cleared:
- After clicking OK on this screen you will be taken back to the main Advisors menu. As you meet with students, you simply repeat the above process to clear them to register.
Note that once you clear a student, you cannot undo the clearance. After a student is cleared, he or she is able to begin the registration process and make subsequent add/drop changes without requiring further advisor approval.