e-Reg Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Do I need advisor permission for every single course or every time I want to make a course change?
NO! The new e-Reg system only requires you to be cleared once. After you are cleared, you may add and drop courses until your schedule is complete. But beware, permission only courses cannot be registered using e-Reg! Permission only courses require instructor approval on an add/drop form.

How do I use e-Reg?
Click here  for detailed instructions

Do I have to use e-Reg? What if I like paper better?
e-Reg is required. The system is being launced to increase security and privacy for your educational records and also to cut down on paper waste. The system is easy if you follow the instructions!

What do I need to do to pre-register?
Find your start date and time. This is available in WebAdvisor. You should also review your degree audit and determine which courses you need to take next term. After you know your date and time and have selected courses, you need to meet with your advisor to get cleared to register. Once you're cleared, you can register!

What if I have a hold on my account?
All holds are listed in your WebAdvisor account. Please visit the appropriate office to clear the hold prior to your pre-registration time. If you have a hold you cannot pre-register.

What's the deal with the RGADV hold?
When we talk about clearing you to register, we mean just that - your advisor is clearing a hold from your account. RGADV is a registration hold that will be lifted once your advisor clears you.

How do I know if a course is permission only or has pre-requisites?
If you're using WebAdvisor or scouring the "Course Offering Information" web site to look for courses, you'll see columns labeled 'PR' and 'PM' next to each course. If a course has a Y in the PR column, that course has pre-requisites; if the Y is in the PM column it is permission only.

How do I know what the pre-requisites are for a course?
There are two ways: (1) you can look up the course in the current college catalog, or (2) you can search for the course in WebAdvisor and the pre-requisite will be listed with the course description. To view a course description in WebAdvisor, click on any course title within your search results.

How do I get permission to pre-register for a permission only course?
For Music Performance courses (MUPF), visit the Music Department, Anderson Center for the Arts, for permission. For all other courses, you must obtain written permission from the instructor on an add/drop form and submit it to the Registrar's Office for processing.

It didn't work! The system is broken! What do I do?
First, make sure you followed all of the necessary steps to register. If you followed the instructions, ask yourself these questions: Did you get cleared by your advisor? Do you have the correct pre-requisites? Is the course permission only? Do you have a hold? If you answered yes to any of these questions, read the instructions again and find the resolution. If your session timed out, you will need to log in and try again.