e-Reg Important Notes

  1. Read the instructions on how to use e-Reg! This system is mandatory for course registration and to use it you must understand how it works. The Office of the Registrar will not accept paper registration forms for non-permission required courses.
  2. Meet with your advisor before your scheduled pre-registration date and time. Be prepared for your meeting! Review your degree audit and course offering information to determine what courses you would like to take BEFORE you meet with your advisor.
  3. If you have a hold on your account your pre-registration cannot be processed. Please visit the appropriate office(s) to clear your hold before you pre-register. Holds can be viewed in WebAdvisor.
  4. Make sure you obtain instructor approval before pre-registering for a permission only course. Permission only courses cannot be registere using e-Reg. You will need to turn in an add/drop form signed by the instructor to the Registrar's Office for processing. For Music Performance (MUPF), permission must be granted by the Music Department. Senior Thesis/Project and Independent/Directed Studies cannot be registered using e-Reg and must be added using the appropriate form.
  5. Make sure you have the correct pre-requisites for courses. Pre-requisites can be found with course descriptions in WebAdvisor or in the college catalog.
  6. You can only pre-register for courses after your advisor has cleared you.
  7. You should have several alternate courses picked out in case courses fill up, especially if your scheduled time is near the end of the pre-registration period.
  8. If you are pre-registering for a Senior Thesis/Project or Independent/Directed study you must fill out and submit the correct form. These forms can be found by clicking here.
  9. Don’t skip class to pre-register! You can pre-register on or after your scheduled pre-registration time. 
  10. If you do not intend to pre-register for an upcoming term, you must file a General Leave of Absence or Withdrawal with Jane Bachman in the Office of the Registrar.

PLEASE NOTE: When registering permission only courses through the Office of the Registrar please make sure the add/drop form includes SYN numbers for each course. SYN numbers can be found on course schedules listed on the “Class Schedules and Enrollment” web site.