New Student Course Registration
New student course registration begins July 14, 2014 at 9 a.m. and ends August 1 at 3:30 p.m. Students will be able to register for additional courses electronically using the e-Reg system in WebAdvisor. Instructions for using e-Reg are found by clicking here. All new students will receive their course registration date and time via their Hartwick email on July 1; this information will also be available for viewing in WebAdvisor. Students will also receive Writing and Math level scores in the July 1 email; this information will also be available for viewing in the Degree Audit in WebAdvisor. Students are assigned priority dates and times throughout the registration period in the following order: Three Year Degree, Student Athletes, Declared Majors/Exploratory. All students are assigned priority dates and times that ensure access to required courses.
Please note that all transfer and AP credit received prior to July 14 will be applied to your educational record and may affect your course registration selections. To view how this credit has been applied, please review your degree audit in WebAdvisor.
If you did not attend orientation, please click here to access the online Academic Planner to verify your major and provide us with your First Year Seminar (FYS) preferences!
Prior to July 14:
- Students will be registered for a First Year Seminar based on preferences collected at Orientation. Students that do not attend Orientation will submit First Year Seminar preferences using an online Academic Planner and will be registered using their selections.
- Students that score level 1 on the Writing Placement Exam at Orientation will be registered for ENGL-101 Writing Tutorial.
- Students that scored a level 2 on the Writing Placement Exam will be registered for ENGL-110 Composition.
- Students will be registered for core courses in their respective majors and exploratory students will be registered for courses that match their interest(s). Students will verify major selection at Orientation. Students that do not attend orientation will verify major selection via the Academic Planner.
Starting July 14:
- Each student will be able to register for additional courses on or after the date and time provided in the July 1 email (date and time are also available for viewing in WebAdvisor).
- Students may add and drop courses until the registration period ends August 1.
- During the registration period, students should review the List of Courses Required for Majors to assist with course registration. Students may also view a list of Suggested Courses to aid in the course registration process.
- Students should review their degree audits to view major and general education requirements, and to determine how transfer credit (including AP) has been applied to their educational records (if applicable).
- Remember: Students will be registered for core courses prior to the registration period but may add additional courses during the registration period.
Following August 1:
- Students will be placed in a Wick-101 course based on their scheduling availability.
- Additional add/drop course changes can be made online or on campus in the Registar's Office starting August 28.
If you need to change or declare a major following Orientation or at any point during the registration period, please call the Office of the Registrar at (607) 431-4460.
Need help? Have questions?
The Office of the Registrar is available from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday during the registration period to answer questions about course registration. Call us at (607) 431-4460!