WebAdvisor for Faculty FAQ
This page contains important information regarding your Hartwick College Webadvisor account. WebAdvisor provides you with the ability to enter grades (during grading periods), view info on your advisees, class rosters, and other important information online. Below are procedures to access several student menu items in WebAdvisor.
How Do I Log In to WebAdvisor?
- Click here to open the WebAdvisor For Faculty Menu in a new window.
- From the Faculty screen click LOG IN at the top of the page.
- Enter your user name and network password in the appropriate box and click Submit.
- After you successfully log in you will return to the Faculty menu.
How Do I View My Roster?
- After you have logged in to WebAdvisor for Faculty, click Class Roster under Faculty Information.
- Next, select a term from the dropdown box or enter a date range.
- Click Submit to view your roster.
How Do I Enter Final Grades?
- After you have logged in to WebAdvisor for Faculty, click Grading under Faculty Information.
- Next, select the current term from the dropdown box labeled Term.
- Click Submit to view your courses.
- A list of all of the courses you are teaching during the selected term will appear. You must select Final from the Final or Midterm/Intermediate Grading drop down box at the top of the screen and select a course by clicking a check box in the Choose One column (even if only one course appears).
- The Final Grading screen will appear. All currently enrolled students will appear. Unless a student has officially dropped the course, they will appear on this screen.
- You are now ready to enter your grades! Enter grades in the Grade column and use the tab key to move between fields. If you are entering an incomplete, or "I" , please be sure to use the appropriate expiration date. Date format should be DD/MM/YY, ex., 04/02/07.
- When you have finished entering grades, click Submit.
- Congratulations! You have successfully completed the process for online grading. To enter grades for another class, click on the Faculty Menu link and repeat the above process. You will not be required to re-enter your login or password.
- Please verify that your grades were accepted! This can be done by re-entering the Grading screen and reviewing the appropriate section. Do not use the back button to verify your grade submission! One helpful tip for making sure your grades were submitted is to enter them in lower case letters. If, when you go back into your WebAdvisor grading session, the grades are up cased, they were processed successfully!
Important Notes on Final Grading:
- Remember, grades can only be entered during designated grading sessions. Dates of grading sessions are announced by the Registrar's Office at the end of every term.
- You MUST submit a grade for every student who appears on the grading screen even if you think the student has dropped your course. If a student appears, they did NOT officially drop. Per Hartwick policy, if you leave a grade blank, the Registrar's Office will enter a grade of F for that student (N for PHED sections).
- If you have enter an invalid grade and press the submit button an error message will appear. Appropriate grades can be found in the Educational Policies and Procedures section of the current College Catalog.
- If you are entering a grade of Incomplete you are required to submit an incomplete explanation form to the Registrar's Office.
- Grades can only be entered for current terms. Prior term or verified grades cannot be changed. Any grade changes for prior terms must be made through the Registrar's Office and may require a petition.
- Until grades have been verified and the grading session closed for a designated grading period, you are able to re-enter Grading and your edit grades. To change a grade you have entered, follow the above procedure, click in the Grade box of the grade you are changing, and type in the new grade. When you are finished, click Submit.
- As you are entering your grades it is important to remember that WebAdvisor has a 20 minute idle time-out feature.
- If you have a lengthy roster and are worried about your session timing out, feel free to submit your grades part way through your entry to ensure the session won't be lost. After submitting, just return to your grading session and continue entering your grades. You can do this as often as you like until all grades have been submitted.
If you need assistance with your WebAdvisor account or password, please call the Technology Services Center, ext. 4357. More information on WebAdvisor can be found by clicking here.