Honors Benefits & Perks
Besides the obvious intellectual stimulation and enrichment that Honors students enjoy from participating in the program, there are other benefits or perks that membership offers. Here they are:
- Honors students have the privilege of pre-registering first in the fall and spring. This perk allows you to enroll in courses that often fill up during the first few days of pre-registration.
- Honors students are eligible to select Honors housing, where you may live and interact with other students who share your commitment to learning. Currently, Holmes Hall is designated for Honors, as well as specific floors of other residence halls.
- Honors students receive invitations to all Honors receptions, pizza study breaks, trips, and other activities.
- The phrase "College Honors" is printed on your Hartwick transcript when you graduate and have fulfilled all the requirements of the Honors Program.
- Honors students are eligible for the Outstanding Honors Award (a monetary award) given at the completion of the senior year.
- Graduating seniors are recognized at Honors Convocation and celebrate their achievement at the Honors Senior Banquet, held at an upscale local restaurant.
- Students who have successfully completed all the program's requirements may wear an honors pin and cords on their graduation robe during Commencement.