Showcase Application Instructions and Online Form
Any student wishing to enter the 2013 Showcase must complete and submit the Online Application Form no later than Friday, March 1, 2013.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the March 1 deadline will not be accepted.
Steps to Apply
- Choose a faculty or staff mentor for your presentation. Your mentor will work with you to develop, edit and approve your presentation materials and application.
- You should meet with your mentor(s) to review and discuss your presentation entry (especially the "descriptive summary" of your presentation) before you submit your online application.
- Your "descriptive summary" must be between 450 and 1500 characters in length (roughly 75 to 250 words).
- In addition to your "descriptive summary", you will be asked to provide a 50-75 word "publication description" to be printed in the Showcase Booklet.
- Once you have your materials in final form, submit your presentation entry using the online application form linked to the Showcase Web page.
- You must provide the name of your mentor(s) on the application form.
- If you have specific presentation or display requirements (e.g.: electrical outlet, easel, Internet connection, media projector), be sure to indicate all of your requirements on the application. The Showcase Planning Committee will use the “presentation type” and “requirements” information as the basis for assigning your time and location for the event.
- Once your application is submitted, your faculty/staff mentor will review the final proposal for Showcase as submitted online and verify their approval. Your application will not be accepted unless your mentor has approved it after online submission. Your mentor will have the option to REJECT your application and ask you to make changes to it until it is acceptable for publication in the Showcase Proceedings Booklet and on the Web site.
- You will automatically be sent notification of mentor approval (and automatic entry into the Showcase schedule) or mentor rejection. If rejected initially, you must meet with your mentor and correct the existing problems with the entry and re-submit the application again. Once approved, you will get automatic notice of your inclusion in the 2013 Student Showcase.
- If you need more information about presentation types available, see Which Presentation Type is Best for You.
- The application process closes at 11:59 p.m. on March 1, 2013.
- If you have any questions about the submission process or the application form, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Application Submission Period is Closed. Mentors reviewing submissions may access applications at the link below.
Access the Student Showcase Online Application here.
Note: You will be asked to log in with your Hartwick username and password. If you are using Internet Explorer, type "hartwick\" before your username.