Migrant Workers' Health Bibiliography
1. Access to Health Care in Rural America: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Rural Enterprises, Agriculture, and Technology of the Committee on Small Business, House of Representatives, One Hundred Seventh Congress, Second Session, Washington, DC, March 19, 2002. Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O., 2002.
2. Guidelines for the Care of Migrant Farmworkers' Children. Elk Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics, 2000.
3. Handbook of Rural Health. eds. Sana Loue and Beth E. Quill. New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 2001.
4. One Department Serving Rural America : HHS Rural Task Force Report to the Secretary. Washington, D.C.: HHS Rural Task Force, 2002.
5. Rural and Urban Health Care Needs : Hearing Before the Subcommittee on Immigration of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, One Hundred Seventh Congress, First Session, May 22, 2001. Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O., 2002.
6. A Targeted Look at the Rural Health Care Safety Net: A Report to the Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Washington, D.C.: National Advisory Committee on Rural Health, 2002.
7. Bushy, Angeline. Orientation to Nursing in the Rural Community. Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage Publications, 2000.
8. Clement, Michael S. Children at Health Risk. Malden, Mass.: Blackwell Science, 2003.
9. Eberhardt, Mark S. Health, United States, 2001: Urban and Rural Health Chartbook. Hyattsville, Md.: Dept. of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, 2001.
10. Harriman, Jenny F. Rural Health Services Funding: A Resource Guide. Beltsville, Md.: National Agricultural Library, 2000.
11. Millard, Ann V. Illnesses of Migrant Farm Workers: A Study of Medical Records From Migrant Health Clinics in Michigan. East Lansing, Mich.: Julian Samora Research Institute, Michigan State University, 2001.
12. Ricketts, Thomas C. Rural Health in the United States. New York: Oxford University Press, 1999.
13. Rothenberg, Daniel. With These Hands: The Hidden World of Migrant Farmworkers Today. New York: Harcourt Brace & Co., 1998.
14. Thompson, Charles Dillard. and Melinda Wiggins. The Human Cost of Food : Farmworkers' Lives, Labor, and Advocacy. Austin, Tex.: University of Texas Press, 2002.
1. Aranda-Naranjo, Barbara, Susan Gaskins, Lucia Bustamante, et al. "La Desesperacion : Migrant and Seasonal Farm Workers Living With HIV/AIDS." The Journal of the Association of Nurses in Aids Care v. 11, no. 2 (Mar./Apr. 2000): 22-28.
2. Coughlin, S. S., R. J. Uhler, T. Richards, and K. M. Wilson. "Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Practices Among Hispanic and Non-Hispanic Women Residing Near the United States-Mexico Border, 1999-2000." Family & Community Health v. 26, no. 2 (Apr./June 2003): 130-139.
3. Das, R., A. Steege, S. Baron, et al. "Pesticide-Related Illness Among Migrant Farm Workers in the United States." International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health v. 7, no. 4 (Oct./Dec. 2001): 303-312.
4. Duckett, M. "Migrants and HIV/AIDS." Development Bulletin (Australian Development Studies Network) no. 52 (June 2000): 18-20.
5. Formichelli, L. "A Harvest of Hope : Meet Five Hispanic Nurses Who Are Making a Difference in Improving the Quality of Health Care for Migrant Farm Workers." Minority Nurse (Summer 2001): 38-44.
6. Hall, D. A. "Involving Employees : Employees Lend a Helping Hand to Migrant Farmworkers." Healthcare Executive v. 17, no. 6 (Nov./Dec. 2002): 60-61.
7. Hansen, E. and M. Donohoe. "Health Issues of Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers." Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved v. 14, no. 2 (May 2003): 153-164.
8. Harlow, Todd. "TB Net Tracking Network Provides Continuity of Care for Mobile TB Patients." American Journal of Public Health v. 89, no. 10 (Oct. 1999): 1581-1582.
9. Lausch, C., L. Heuer, C. Guasasco, and M. Bengiamin. "The Experiences of Migrant Health Nurses Employed in Seasonal Satellite Nurse-Managed Centers : a Qualitative Study." Journal of Community Health Nursing v. 20, no. 2 (Summer 2003): 67-80.
10. Meade, C. D. and A. Calvo. "Developing Community-Academic Partnerships to Enhance Breast Health Among Rural and Hispanic Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Women." Oncology Nursing Forum v. 28, no. 10 (Nov./Dec. 2001): 1577-1584.
11. Plaza, C. I. "Medicaid and Indigent Care, Providers Issue Brief : Border/Migrant Health." Issue Brief (Health Policy Tracking Service) (July 3, 2000): 1-6.
12. Poss, Jane E. "The Meanings of Tuberculosis for Mexican Migrant Farmworkers in the United States." Social Science and Medicine v. 47, no. 2 (1998): 195-202.
13. Pérez, Miguel A. and Others. "Northern California Hispanic Migrant Farm Workers Health Status : a Case Study." Migration World Magazine v. 26, no. 1/2 (1998): 17-23.
14. Rao, P., S. A. Quandt, and T. A. Arcury. "Hispanic Farmworker Interpretations of Green Tobacco Sickness." The Journal of Rural Health v. 18, no. 4 (Fall 2002): 503-511.
15. Reynolds, Kathleen and George Kourous. "Legislation and Regulation Favor Agribusiness : Farmworkers : an Overview of Health, Safety and Wage Issues." Borderlines v. 6, no. 8 (Oct. 1998): 1-4.
16. Triantafillou, S. A. "Generaciones : Building a Healthy Future for All Generations." Migrant Health Newsline v. 21, no. 1 (Jan./Feb. 2004): 4-5.
17. Villarejo, D. "The Health of U.S. Hired Farm Workers." Annual Review of Public Health v. 24, (2003): 175-193.
18. Weathers, A., C. Minkovitz, P. O'Campo, and M. Diener-West. "Access to Care for Children of Migratory Agricultural Workers : Factors Associated With Unmet Need for Medical Care." Pediatrics v. 113, no. 4 (Apr. 2004): 276-282.
19. Weathers, A., C. Minkovitz, P. O'Campo, and Diener-West M. "Health Services Use by Children of Migratory Agricultural Workers : Exploring the Role of Need for Care." Pediatrics v. 111, no. 5, pt. 1 (May 2003): 956-963.
20. Wilson, A. H., K. Pittman, and J. L. Wold. "Listening to the Quiet Voices of Hispanic Migrant Children About Health." Journal of Pediatric Nursing v. 15, no. 3 (June 2000): 137-147.
21. Wilson, A. H., J. L. Wold, L. Spencer, and K. Pittman. "Primary Health Care for Hispanic Children of Migrant Farm Workers." Journal of Pediatric Health Care v. 14, no. 5 (Sept./Oct. 2000): 209-215.
1. National Center for Farmworker Health. 2004. Web Page. URL: http://www.ncfh.org. Accessed 1 Nov. 2004.
2. Rural Assistance Center. 2004. Web Page. URL: http://www.raconline.org. Accessed 1 Nov. 2004.
3. United States Department of Agriculture. 2004. Web Page. URL: http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usdahome. Accessed 1 Nov. 2004.
4. United States Department of Health and Human Services. 2004. Web Page. URL: http://www.os.dhhs.gov. Accessed 1 Nov. 2004.
5. Blevins, Beth and Susan Marder. Rural Health Services Funding : a Resource Guide. 2002. Web Page. URL: http://www.nal.usda.gov/ric/ricpubs/healthguide.htm. Accessed 1 Nov. 2004.
6. National Rural Health Association. NRHA Home Page. 2004. Web Page. URL: http://www.nrharural.org. Accessed 1 Nov. 2004.
7. Office of Rural Health Policy. Rural Health Policy. 2004. Web Page. URL: http://ruralhealth.hrsa.gov/overview. Accessed 1 Nov. 2004.
8. U.S. Department of Labor. Employment & Training Administration. Migrant & Seasonal Farm Workers Homepage. 2004. Web Page. URL: http://www.doleta.gov/msfw. Accessed 1 Nov. 2004.
Compiled by Sue Stevens
Library Liaison for Nursing