Last year, Hartwick College awarded 33 scholarships for off-campus J Term study.
Important Off-Campus J Term Scholarship Information:
- This application applies to all available Off-Campus J Term Scholarships.
- Scholarships are for domestic and international Off-Campus J Term Programs.
- You must be in good academic standing (above 2.000 GPA) to be eligible for an Off-Campus J Term Scholarship.
- The Off-Campus J Term Scholarships are highly selective; about 10% of students of who go on an Off-Campus J Term Program receive a scholarship (22% of last year’s applicants received an award).
- The average award is approximately $2,500. Rarely does an award cover the full cost of the program.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you are expected to pay the $500 deposit separately, as well as the remainder of the course fee according to this year’s timeline .
- A scholarship award does not imply acceptance into any particular program; the program application process is separate and may include different criteria, such as higher minimum GPA.
- Once the online application process opens, apply as early as possible to reserve your spot in your preferred program.
Off-Campus J Term Scholarship Instructions:
- Read the descriptions of this year’s Off-Campus J Term Scholarships below.
- Identify two preferences for a 2018 Off-Campus J Term program.
- Read the Selection Criteria section below.
- Demonstrated financial need (based on information from the Office of Financial Aid)
- Previous opportunities for travel and study
- Quality of the personal statement
- Quality of the reference
- Students on academic or disciplinary probation may not apply
Complete the J Term Scholarship Application.