• Johnstone Science Center, Hartwick College
  • Anderson Center for the Arts, Hartwick College
  • Hawk Statue, Wright Stadium, Hartwick College
  • Bresee Hall, Hartwick College

Scholarships & Financial Assistance

Hartwick College offers a great deal of merit scholarships to international students. In the admissions process we look at your academic record from high school or college. The awards range from $7,000 to $23,000 per year. Additionally we have a special scholarship named "The EducationUSA" competitive scholarship, valued at $24,000 per year. You must be nominated by your local EducationUSA center to qualify for the competitive scholarship. You can download our EducationUSA nomination form here.

The Merit Scholarship you receive is the only money you will receive from Hartwick College unless you are being recruited by one of the Division I sports team (Women's Water Polo or Men's Soccer). The cost of attendance for 2012-13 is $49,345, which includes tuition, room and board, fees including International Health Insurance, and the costs for books, supplies, etc. You may want to factor in additional costs such as plane tickets, spending money, etc.

Every International Student needs to complete the International Student Financial Aid Application to be considered for admission.

Important Note for International Students: Financial assistance is secured at the time of your entry to Hartwick.  Given the limited funding available to international students, we will NOT consider new applications for aid once you have enrolled.  You should make your plans for attendance at Hartwick with the financial aid you have been awarded for your first year.  International students awarded assistance can assume that level of aid will continue during the four years at Hartwick.  However, you should not assume that increased aid will be available in subsequent years.  With this in mind, aid applications after the first year are not required.  But, the Certification of Finances is required each year to renew your visa status.

For additional monies that may be available to you, check out your Ministry/Department of Education for additional ways to finance your education in the U.S. Many countries are offering a great deal of money to their citizens to receive an education in the U.S. You also can visit your area EducationUSA Center or e-mail/call them if one is not within a reasonable distant.

If you are from a Latin American or Caribbean OAS member state, the Leo S. Rowe Pan American Fund can help you finance your studies.

Get the facts.
Hartwick graduates go on to top grad schools and successful, rewarding careers.