Accepting Your Financial Aid Award
Now that you've received, reviewed, and accepted your Financial Aid Award, you may have questions about how all the components are credited to your billing statement.
For Admissions Scholarships and Hartwick Grants, your acceptance automatically results in a credit to your billing statement.
If you are a continuing student with Work-Study as part of your award, you should have completed the Work-Study Authorization Form in the spring and had it signed by your supervisor; most likely, you are already working. To change jobs, however, you will need to pick up a form from the Financial Aid Office, sign and date it, and have your new supervisor complete it before you return it to the Financial Aid Office.
You may not begin work until you receive notification from your supervisor that you have been cleared by Student Payroll.
Students wishing to change jobs and those with Work-Study for the first time should check the Work-Study Job Board for a descrption of available positions.
Does your package include a Federal Direct Stafford Loan? If you have never had a Federal Stafford Loan before, you can complete the required Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note online. Please note that your loan can not be processed until you have completed both the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note. You will need your FAFSA PIN number to complete your Federal Direct Stafford Loan.
First -time Federal Perkins and Federal Nursing Loan borrowers need a valid FAFSA PIN to complete the application process. You may request a FAFSA PIN from the Department of Education. You will need to complete entrance counseling and a master promissory note:
- Log on to ECSI's Web site at www.ecsi.net/prom30.
- Provide your Social Security Number, last name, and date of birth.
- Provide your PIN when requested on the Student Authentication Network page.
- Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
- You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin, and two additional references. Failure to complete all lines accurately will keep this loan from disbursing to your account.
- PROMISSORY NOTE - Read completely. Electronically sign at the bottom of the promissory note page. The electronic signature includes a check-off box plus your full legal name.
Federal Direct PLUS Loan parent borrowers may complete the online Master Promissory Note (MPN) here. Note: A denial of the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan qualifies a student for additional unsubsidized Stafford Loan funds ($4,000 for first- and second-year students; $5,000 for third- through fifth-year students). The denial must be applied for and received every year before the Stafford funds can be certified.
Other financing options to cover the cost of attendance include the Tuition Payment Plan and alternative student loans. Please note that all federal loan options should be exhausted before considering alternative student loans.
Verification: To comply with Federal regulations, certain students are selected for Verification... More about Verification...
Of course, our Financial Aid staff are available to assist you with any of these options. Please contact us at 607-431-4130, or firstname.lastname@example.org.