Applying to SOAR
Steps to completing your application to SOAR:
- Download and complete the SOAR Application Form (pdf document).
- Provide official high school transcript and test scores (SAT/ACT).
- Provide two letters of recommendation.
- Submit a personal essay: Please describe the learning challenges you've faced and what you've done to overcome these.
- Plan and register to attend a SOAR Day and be interviewed on campus.
Optional SOAR Applicants
A limited number of accepted students will be permitted to enroll in the SOAR program on a voluntary basis. As a SOAR optional student, you will receive all the same benefits as other SOAR students such as academic workshops, study halls, one-on-one meetings with the Center for Student Success staff, peer-to-peer mentoring, and the opportunity to earn six academic credits. The SOAR optional program would be great for you if you have any doubts about handling college course work or are nervous about beginning your college experience. SOAR is also a great way to get know future classmates and Hartwick.
To explore our SOAR brochure, we recommend that you toggle to full screen mode. To enter full screen mode, click the "View in Full Screen" icon on the bottom right of the brochure menu. Use the "Exit Full Screen" mode button.