Summer Theatre Performance Workshop
A performance workshop for actors, actors who sing, and singers who act; students receive individualized training in voice, audition techniques, musical theatre, contemporary and classical scene work, improvisation, and creative risk taking. The Summer Theatre Performance Workshop will conclude with a public showcase of student work.
Students will learn:
- To deepen their appreciation for the theatre through the art of acting
- Text analysis within the context of developing character and scripts for performance
- A sense of "being in the moment" through spontaneity and creative imagination
- To connect emotionally to the inner life of the character
- To release creative energy, manage tension, and take creative risks
- To work collaborative and cooperatively with members of the acting ensemble
- To engage in a journey of personal discovery, imagination, self-expression, and creative growth
This course is taught by Assistant Professor of Theatre Arts Malissa Kano-White.