The first step to making an impact on the world is yours: apply.
Hartwick is proud of the fact that our student body includes students from more than 25 countries. Our international students find Hartwick to be a welcoming environment with challenging academic programs and engaging extracurricular activities.
The Admissions process and the educational experience at Hartwick have always been highly personal. We look forward to learning your story.
Use the list below to start your Hartwick experience today:
- Complete either the Hartwick Application or the Common Application
- Original certificates or certified copies of academic records from your secondary school and any colleges or universities you attend. It is strongly recommended that you have your high school transcript evaluated by World Education Services (WES) or certified in English.
- Official test scores (SAT or ACT exam scores if English is your first language, TOEFL or IELTS if English is not your first language)
- Affidavit of Financial Support (i.e., bank statement, proof of sponsorship and/or overall financial affordability)
- Personal Essay (strongly recommended but, not required)
- Recommendation letters (strongly recommended but, not required)
Minimum Test Scores
Music and Art Majors
Hartwick College offers fine academic programs in music and art, as well as a range of extracurricular activities in both fields, and a lively array of cultural events and organizations (including our own museum — with a gallery that shows student art!).
In addition to our regular admission criteria, students planning to major in music are required to have an audition, and students wishing to major in art should submit a portfolio of slides or original work.
Find out more about music auditions.
Find out more about art portfolios.
In addition to our regular admission criteria, students planning to major in nursing are required to submit SAT or ACT scores.
In addition to meeting all stated applications requirements, home-schooled students must submit the following:
- SAT I or ACT test (students are strongly encouraged to take at least three SAT II subject tests)
- Transcripts that are accompanied by course descriptions and/or syllabi
- At least one recommendation from an outside instructor or employer
Senior Assistant Director of Admissions
Phone: 888-HARTWICK (888-427-8942)
Fax: 607-431-4102 or 607-431-4154
Mail: Hartwick College
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 4022
Oneonta, NY 13820