Hartwick's Cable TV System
Hartwick has its own cable television system which provides a mix of entertainment and educational support programming.
The channels listed below are provided in Hartwick's basic cable TV service. If you have a cable-ready TV with an NTSC ClearQuam tuner, you will have access to all of them. All digital TVs sold today have digital ATSC tuners (for off-air reception). Most, but not all, have the digital ClearQAM tuner needed to receive channels via the Campus' TV network. We do not anticipate that you will need a digital converter box. But If you do, you may buy one from Campus Televideo at: http://www.campustelevideo.com/studentservices/dci401. Another option can be found at: http://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6
Not seeing all channels?
- First, be sure your TV is set to CATV and not AIR (do this from your TV remote's menu settings).
- Next, use your TV remote's menu to scan and add our channels to your TV.
- You will not be able to use a VCR/DVD player to scan for channels. The TV cable must connect to your TV directly.
- Some Vizio TVs need the "Auto Channel Add" option turned to OFF before scanning for the digital channels. Please refer to your owner manual for more details.
- If that is not successful, please contact the TRC at 607-431-4357 or e-mail email@example.com. Please be prepared to tell us your name, residence hall, room number and which side of room, and leave a phone number where you can be reached.
No channels or reception problems?
- Reception problems are frequently due to loose connections. Please check your connections if you are experiencing poor reception.
- If you have no channels at all, or if you continue to have unsatisfactory reception after checking your connections, then please use the link below to troubleshoot and open a ticket with Campus TeleVideo:
Other Media Requests
Classroom Media Requests To request TVs, VCRs, DVD players, overhead projectors, data projectors, cassette recorders, and other media equipment for classroom use
Cable TV Broadcast Requests To request a film to be shown on Hartwick's cable channel
Video Bulletin Board Request The video bulletin board service runs on channel 4-1. Students, faculty, and staff can post messages on the video bulletin board service. To make a request, please use the link to fill out the request form.
Note: Free-to-Air channels have international content.