About the Calendar
The Hartwick Calendar has a weekly view of campus-wide events as its default, but you can change that view: For example, by choosing among
- DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITIES (default),
- EVENT TYPES, or
- ROOMS & RESOURCES,
you will find a different drop-down list of choices for you to select.
In addition, you may choose to view the calendar information in different time frames.
- Clicking on a day link in the weekly view or in one of the monthly views to the right will display that day's events.
- To return to the weekly view, click on the "Week #" link, found above the navigation arrows in the daily view, or at the start of a week in the monthly view.
There are other navigational aids as well:
- takes you to the previous day, week or year.
- takes you to the next day, week, or year.
- shows the events for the month.
- shows the current year.
In addition, there are ways you can receive reminders:
- starts a process that imports an event or a number of events into your MS Outlook calendar.
- will send you an e-mail when an event approaches matching your criteria (more details can be found when you create an account asked for when you click on the link).
- will allow you to receive updates through an RSS reader or through some web browsers in the categories that you choose. (For example, you could see upcoming athletic events.)
To use the Hartwick Calendar for planning purposes, choose to view events using the ROOMS AND RESOURCES view, and check the calendar for conflicts. For more information about making reservations, please visit Scheduling FAQ's.
Finally, you can choose to ignore or include certain event information by clicking on the icon. For example, you might choose to ignore the ending times for events.