Accommodation and Services Procedures
Students are not obligated to self-disclose a disability. However, self-disclosure is required when the student anticipates a need for accommodations or services relating to a disability. A phone call, personal interview or the submission of the Voluntary Disclosure of a Disability Form will initiate the process.
Procedure for Requesting Academic Accommodations at Hartwick College
- Submit the Voluntary Disclosure of a Disability form (see Forms page) to the Coordinator of Disability Services.
- Fax or mail the required documentation based on the type of disability to the Coordinator of Disability Services.
- Documentation review can take up to two weeks to complete. It may be necessary to seek further information from the student and/or the diagnostic evaluator.
- Upon arriving on campus the student must meet with the Coordinator of Disability Services. These meeting must continue at the beginning of every semester to discuss accommodation needs and receive the letters for his/her instructors.
- During the meeting with the Coordinator of Disability Services, specific guidelines and procedures relating to accommodations will be discussed.
If a student chooses not to self-disclose a disability, the student cannot receive formal academic accommodations.