Please read the Scheduling Policies page for complete details.
How do I schedule an event/meeting?
How far in advance should I schedule an event/meeting?
What do I need to know before scheduling?
How do I check the availability of a room?
Which rooms can I reserve through the Scheduling Office?
How much does it cost to reserve a room?
Do I need a room rental agreement?
How do I get catering for an event?
Q: How do I schedule an event/meeting?
A: To schedule an event or meeting, please fill out the online facility and event request form. This form is the only way to schedule an event.
Q: How far in advance should I schedule an event/meeting?
A: All special events and meetings requiring setup or catering should be scheduled as far in advance as possible and no later than two weeks prior to the event.
Meetings not requiring setup or catering should be scheduled no later than seven days prior to the requested time, but a two-week notice is preferred.
Remember: The sooner you submit your request, the more likely it can be accommodated.
- Type and title of event for display on the calendar.
- Group hosting the event.
- Which room/space you would like to reserve.
- A second-choice location in case the first is unavailable.
- The date and time of your event/meeting.
- How much setup and cleanup time you will need.
- Approximately how many people will be attending.
- Contact David Lubell, media relations manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, regarding a news release.
- For on-campus groups, your account number.
- For non-campus funded groups, you will need a certificate of liability.
- Please make sure all the details are included in your request. The Scheduling Office is not responsible for incomplete information.
Q: How do I check the availability of a room?
A: Check the appropriate building calendar Hartwick College online calendar. Note: Although a space may appear available on the online calendar, availability is not guaranteed due to pending reservations. Always include a second-choice location in your request.
Q: Which rooms can I reserve through the Scheduling Office?
A: All board rooms and community rooms are scheduled through the Scheduling Office. Classrooms can only be reserved during breaks and weekends and after 5 p.m. on weekdays while classes are in session. All other times must be booked through the Registrar's Office.
Q: How much does it cost to reserve a room?
A: Room rental fees apply to all non-campus sponsored organizations and are charged by five-hour half-day increments. For more details, check the Scheduling Policies.
Q: How do I get catering for an event?
A: Catering requests must be included in the original room reservation request. The Scheduling Office then alerts the Catering Office to the request. It is the requestor's responsibility to then contact the Catering Manager, at 607-431-4334 to discuss the cost/menu. This all must be done at least two weeks prior to the event.