Student Learning Outcomes:
- To provide effective programming that will help students in the life-long development of a healthy lifestyle.
- To provide information on a personal and community level that will enhance the growth and development of the Hartwick community.
- To prepare the Hartwick community to be well informed on issues that will assist them in making responsible decisions related to personal life choices.
The Health Promotion Office at Hartwick College was developed based on the growing needs of our students. Our mission, learning outcomes, and program initiatives have been developed in alignment with the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education, American College Health Association, as well as other prominent resources. Click here to download a pdf document of the guidelines used.
Programming throughout the academic year:
The Health Promotion Office provides and assists with the facilitation of a number of different programs throughout the academic year. Programs can cover a broad range of topics, and may be facilitated in a number of ways from interactive, to peer facilitated, to discussion. Alcohol and other drugs, nutrition, body image, relationships, sexual responsibility and personal accountability are just a few of the topics covered.
Several times throughout the academic year, the Health Promotion Office will facilitate awareness campaigns on a variety of issues ranging from Love Your Body Week to Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week. These campaigns have different time frames lasting from one week, to one month. Events can include informational tables, day or evening programs, free giveaways, interactive programming, and much more.
Listed below are some of the awareness campaigns promoted by the Health Promotion Office:
- Alcohol Awareness Week
- Love Your Body Week
- World Aids Day
- Cervical Health Awareness Month
- Sexual Responsibility Week
- Safe Spring Break Week
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Better Sleep Month
- National Skin Cancer Month