Off-Campus Living

 Hartwick is a residential liberal arts and sciences college and believes that a Hartwick education is the result of curricular and co-curricular experiences in class, on campus, and in the residence halls.

As such, all students are required to live on campus through their junior year.  Seniors may move out of a residence hall at the beginning of the Fall, January, or Spring terms.  Refund of room and board charges for those electing to move off campus will be granted only for Fall and Spring terms.  

The Off-Campus Living form must be submitted to the Residential Life and Housing Office.  The deadline to move off campus the succeeding Fall Term is April 1, and the deadline for applications to move off campus the succeeding January or Spring term is December 1.   

A Certificate of Compliance for the rental unit must be submitted with the application. No exceptions to these deadlines will be made.  Failure to submit a Certificate of Compliance and the appropriate off-campus form is considered a violation of the student's housing contract with the College, and will result in a requirement to pay for on-campus housing.

Once off-campus housing permission has been granted, a student desiring to move back into College housing during the academic year must notify the Residential Life and Housing Office of his/her desire to live in College housing. College housing will be provided in such cases as space becomes available after students required to live on campus have been housed.

Students should contact the Financial Aid and Affordability Office to discuss the impact of their decision to live off campus on their financial aid awards. Students receiving financial aid will have their awards reduced once permission is granted for them to live off campus.