Residence Halls

Residency Requirements

As far as accommodations will permit, students entering Hartwick will room in College-owned housing for their first three academic years. Exceptions to this must be granted by the Office of Residential Life and Housing, and are made only if the student will be commuting from home (living with a parent or guardian) and the primary abode is no more than 60 miles from campus. Other exceptions are living in a fraternity or sorority house, the Junior Lottery, or Special Accommodations permission. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the Office of Residential Life and Housing. The Office of Residential Life reserves the right to reassign to other campus housing or to deny on-campus housing to any student whose actions are detrimental to the welfare of the residence hall or the campus community.